Are Italians racists?


Tonight I found this little text about Italians being racists

"I've been traveling a lot in my life, I’ve been throughout Europe and lived in many European countries. I've lived in Antwerp Belgium, which is known for its sea port, the pralines and beer. Antwerp is unfortunately known for its Extreme right party Vlaams Belang which has the majority. The whole world looked with a certain discard against Flemish people. They were seen as racist and even fascist. As a foreigner in Belgium I have never experienced any kind of racism all thou I know that some Flemish people feel some frustration with illegal immigration and that they feel a bit invaded by foreign workers coming from North-Africa and Eastern Europe but they "never" applied any racism on a local scale. I'm now in Italy and what I experience here is by far much more worst than Belgium or Austria!

It's seems that a vast majority of the administrative personnel and even the Police are ignorant. They ask Belgians, Dutchman, Germans and other European Union citizens a passport or work permission when you want to be a resident in Italy. When you search for a job in Italy, if you are not an Italian, your curriculum is on the bottom-line. It seems that whatever you are, citizen of the European Union or citizens from outside you are threatening as a second class citizen in Italy. Belgians are at least honest when they say that they are racist but they don't apply it, Italians pretend not to be but they apply it. It's a pity because I love Italy! so much ignorance! Only one country in the world follows the same pattern as Italy, Japan but at least they com forward and say that they want to be a pure Japanese state. In Italy you are only welcome as a foreigner when you are a Tourist or a rich entrepreneur."

Photo: sxc.hu